Do you have a question about public relations? Ask the PRofessor!
The “PRofessor” is Fred Whiting, APR, a long-time PRSA-NCC member, chair of the Mentoring Committee and a local university professor. Fred will answer questions personally and publish some here.
- Finding your first or second (or third) PR job
- Communicating the value of public relations to your boss and colleagues
- Managing staff or dealing with a difficult boss
- How to work with non-PR professionals
- Keeping your PR skills updated through professional development and education
- Pursuing your APR credential
Fred brings experience from his years of teaching public relations and communications courses at Georgetown University, American University, Hood College, the University of Maryland, and the Art Institute of Washington, D.C. – Northern Virginia.