IPRA is a network of senior-level independent public relations professionals, who offer an average of more than 25 years of experience and deliver quality, value-driven communications services across a wide range of industries, both private and public.
IPRA has its own website, offering the services of its members, member news, upcoming events, and information about hiring independendants. The site can be found at www.ipralliance.com.
What We Do
Affiliated with the PRSA National Capital Chapter, IPRA provides a forum for networking, lead referral on new or existing business, resource sharing and professional development. Members meet monthly; participate in IPRA’s online discussion group and website; share materials and vendor resources, such as discounted group memberships and contract templates; have access to research; and participate in professional development opportunities.
Who We Are Looking For
We welcome new members who are interested in:
- Building and growing an independent practice
- Participating in IPRA’s online discussion group and website
- Sharing materials and vendor resources
- Attending professional development opportunities
- Cross-referring business and teams for projects where members’ skills and interests complement one another
IPRA members attend a monthly speaker series the first Thursday of every month, featuring a guest speaker on a topic relevant to public relations and communications.
Benefits of IPRA Membership
- Network with other independent PR professionals.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to practice independently.
How to Join the Section
To become a member of IPRA, contact IPRA Chair:
Michael Sheward, APR, firstname.lastname@example.org
IPRA has an additional nominal fee to become a member. To learn more about the benefits of joining IPRA, visit the IPRA website.