ReThink Health (RTH) is looking to hire a high-energy, innovative communications professional experienced in both social and traditional media who possesses a passion for social change. This newly created Communications Associate position is an outstanding opportunity for an individual who resonates with the need to improve and bridge health and health care in this country and wants to be part of that story. As a young initiative, RTH is growing at a rapid pace. How, where, and to whom we communicate our mission, value proposition, research agenda, and what we are learning from our regional and local fieldwork is becoming critically important for achieving scale over the next decade. We currently are navigating an increased call for our integrated approaches to stewardship of large-scale change, system dynamics modeling, and the methods we use for organizing and convening new and different conversations on how to improve health and health care in our communities.
The Communications Associate will report to the Special Assistant to the President & CEO of the Rippel Foundation and be part of the ReThink Health and Rippel Foundation team, which includes our external communications firm focused on creating and implementing enterprise-wide communications strategies. By identifying, developing, and supporting compelling and effective ways of engaging people in the RTH story, s/he will play an important role in extending RTH’s reach, building our networks, and garnering sustainable support and enthusiasm for the work of improving health and health care as we move forward. S/he will help ensure that we are optimizing utilization of all possible communications channels, including social media and online platforms. The Communications Associate will also be responsible for establishing and enforcing the highest standards of quality control and consistency across the products, reports, and materials we generate and publish on our website, blogs, and other communications channels and social media networks. The Communications Associate will collaborate closely with our external communications firm along with other members of the RTH team.
The Rippel Foundation is devoted to seeding innovations in health. For over seven years RTH, the core initiative of the Rippel Foundation, has been exploring what it takes to start and sustain innovations for health in regions across the United States. We help regional leaders work together to make smart decisions, set policies, and implement strategies that will improve the health and change the lives of millions of Americans. We also help them discover that targeted and coordinated investments can achieve remarkable improvements in health and health care while reducing costs and boosting productivity. We have conducted scores of projects and maintain engagements with a widening circle of several thousand innovators in more than 30 states. We work differently in different contexts, but always as allies, coaches, and co-learners. RTH was founded and remains strongly guided by a group of veteran change-makers. These have included a Nobel Laureate and other highly regarded visionary thinkers from health, energy, business, economics, and politics.
Oversee and coordinate the ongoing development of RTH’s Mightybell “Leadership Circles” to:
Engage leaders across the U.S. involved in broad health system changes in practitioner-focused conversations about topics related to financing, stewardship, and strategy in order to:
- Create a community of practice: connect practitioners and build a network of people to support each other and problem solve together
- Learn from community members to inform future work for RTH
- Identify new players in this space
- Seek input on early stage RTH products
- Share RTH expertise and synthesized learning
- Design activities to engage people, including our internal RTH team, into the network and generate high levels of engagement and enthusiasm
Coordinate—with our external communications firm and RTH staff—all aspects of implementing and upkeep of the Leadership Circles, including:
- Recruiting and inviting participants;
- Curating, writing, and editing content to be posted for discussing, and managing an editorial calendar to this end;
- Ensuring messaging is well coordinated;
- Working with the RTH external communications firm and other members of the RTH team to solve technology bugs;
- Promoting the Circles on social media and with peers and engaging the RTH team in the process; and
- Organizing webinars as part of the network offerings.
- Support the back-end and ongoing upkeep of the RTH and Rippel websites on WordPress
- Coordinate the content creation of the RTH blog , including management of an editorial calendar
- Coordinate and curate content for the RTH web library
- Review, manage, and obtain necessary approvals on all materials to be uploaded to blogs, websites, etc.
- Build, expand, and manage RTH and Rippel’s social media presence across multiple platforms, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube/ Vimeo and others
- Assist in monitoring the impacts of our social media strategies, recommending refinements as appropriate
- Ensure consistent use of RTH and Rippel branding, messaging, formatting, and style policies in externally distributed materials
- Ensure focus and consistency is maintained in messaging and content across the RTH website, Mightybell network, and RTH blog, as well as traditional outreach methods, such as mass emails, Constant Contacts, list maintenance, etc.
- Provide editing, writing, and formatting support for presentations, promotional materials, proposals, and other communications pieces for diverse audiences
- Ensure the highest standards of quality control by reviewing materials (slides, visuals, reports, etc.) for visual and stylistic consistency
- Provide meeting support as the opportunities and needs arise
- Be open to additional responsibilities, including more writing, as future opportunities and needs emerge
ReThink Health Team Member
- Understand and effectively represent the communications functions and goals across RTH and the Rippel Foundation and with our external stakeholders, partners, and clients
- Embrace sound business practices associated with establishing, monitoring, and fulfilling timelines and deliverables, and honoring agreements made with partners, team members, and external stakeholders
- Participate in internal meetings and be a fully involved, contributing member of the team and larger organization
- Participate as needed in external conferences, meetings, and community gatherings related to moving the mission and contributions of the organization forward
Our ideal candidate is a strong team player and individual contributor with an affinity for collaborating effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries and working at a fast pace in a quick turnaround environment. S/he is mature and able to understand how this position contributes to the overall mission of the Rippel Foundation and RTH. In addition, s/he is comfortable in situations that call for creative problem solving and entrepreneurial approaches, where there are few precedents and frequent iterations, and is highly conversant and knowledgeable of leading-edge social media and web-based protocols.
- BA degree required. Advanced degree is desirable.
- Keen desire to continually learn.
- At least 3 years working experience, or the equivalent thereof, in communications.
- Experience in social media and web-based communications.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and web-based communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels and to listen deeply in order to make recommendations based on a thorough understanding of the issues.
- Demonstrated ability to meet timelines and follow-through on commitments.
- Comfortable working in a geographically dispersed organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills, which are honed toward consensus-building and creating connections across a diverse playing field.
- Anticipates workflow issues and alerts team.
- Remains unflustered in the face of competing priorities and changing requirements and quickly adapts to changes in direction and assessing implications for project plans.
- Possesses the self-motivation, energy, and mental agility that will allow him/her to be a full thought partner.
- Understands and embraces the collaborative culture of the Rippel Foundation and RTH and is comfortable co-creating solutions.
- Respects diversity and encourages all participation of all team members.
- Able to anticipate needs, work independently, and seek clarification when necessary.
- Experience or knowledge of the U.S. health care system, specifically related to health and health care improvement.
- Prior experience with webinar and virtual meeting management using WebEx.
- Strong group process/facilitation capabilities.
- Some familiarity with the structure and changing landscape of health and health care reform, including public health, social policy, and social change.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
The Foundation offers all candidates equal opportunity for employment and advancement based on their ability and without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, civil union, domestic partnership status, gender identity and expression, learning disability, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, familial status, genetic information, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, or other classification or characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment decisions will be made on a nondiscriminatory basis so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.