Online registration is now closed for this event. Please register at the door if you wish to attend!
$35 PRSA and WWPR Members
$10 extra at the door
U.S. Navy Memorial & Heritage Center
701 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20004
Metro: Yellow/Green lines - Navy Memorial/Archives
For directions/parking, go to www.navymemorial.org
The public relations plan is one of the most important documents you will produce in your career, but how to write one is often not taught on the job. Open to professionals at any stage of their career, this session will examine all the parts of a comprehensive plan. In this hands-on workshop-style event, attendees will walk away with a plan that:
- Outlines an organization’s goals, objectives, strategies, tactics and measurement metrics on a specific timeline and budget through a well-reasoned, research-based foundation.
- Can be written for a wide array of applications, such as building awareness of a brand, setting the agenda around an important issue, launching a new product or service, or almost any specific goal you have for engaging with key audiences.
- Sets a road map for your team to achieve consensus and support from decision makers.
- Mitchell Marovitz, Ph.D., APR, University of Maryland University College
- Lauren Lawson-Zilai, Goodwill Industries International
- Erica Hiar, Merritt Group (moderator)
About our Panelists:
Mitchell Marovitz, Ph.D., APR, is an adjunct associate professor the University of Maryland University College where he teaches graduate-level public relations and management courses. He also serves as a member of the Universal Accreditation Board, is the treasurer of the PRSA National Capital Chapter, and is a chapter Delegate to the PRSA National Assembly. Mitch has more than 25 years in corporate public relations.
Lauren Lawson-Zilai is the director of public relations and national spokesperson for Goodwill Industries International. She leads the external communications including media relations, crisis communications, video production and celebrity spokespeople initiatives, and works closely on strategies for cause partnerships and social media. Lauren chaired the 2012 Thoth Gala and is the 2013 Board Secretary of the PRSA NCC