Registration is now open for the 46th Annual Thoth Gala, which will be held on Sept. 9 at the Artisphere in Arlington, VA.
Each year, PRSA-NCC awards outstanding public relations in the national capital area with the prestigious Thoth Awards.
The awards are named after Thoth (pronounced “tot”), an Egyptian god of wisdom who was a mediator and scribe and credited as the inventor of communications and writing. In the spirit of Thoth, PRSA-NCC honors area PR professionals for their wisdom and contributions to the profession.
PRSA-NCC calls for entries in the spring and celebrates the winners at a gala event in the early fall.
Awards are given for the best PR campaigns and top accomplishments in PR tactics in categories including:
- Crisis Communications
- Community Relations
- Direct Mail/Direct Response
- Events and Observances
- External Video
- Feature Stories, Editorials, Op-Ed Columns
- Financial & Investor Relations
- Global Communications
- Independent Public Relations Practitioners & Small Independent Firms' Media Relations Programs and/or Campaigns
- Integrated Communications
- Integrated Media Relations
- Internal Communications
- Internal Video
- Issues Management
- Marketing Consumer Products and Services
- Marketing Business-to-Business Products and Services
- Media Relations
- Multicultural Public Relations
- Newsletters and Magazines
- Press Kits/Media Kits
- Pro Bono Public Relations
- Public Affairs
- Public Service
- Public Service Announcements
- Reputation/Brand Management
- Research, Measurement & Evaluation
- Social Media
- Web Sites
Read examples of best practices in public relations in the case studies (categorized by business outcomes) of the National PRSA Silver Anvil Award winners.
For more information on the Thoth awards, contact:
Sherri Core, Chapter Manager, 703-691-8733