The Accreditation & Continuing Education committee guides Washington, DC, area PR professionals through the process of attaining the prestigious Accredited in Public Relations (APR) credential.
The APR credential is profession’s only post-graduate certification, which demonstrates competency and a strong commitment to the profession. Earning the credential is an intense process, and often candidates need support through the process.
What We Do
- Plan, promote, and host three Readiness Review sessions and 1/2 day Jump Start education programs each year
- Recruit candidates for accreditation
- Guide and support candidates through the accreditation process
- Celebrate newly minted APRs
Who We Are Looking For
We welcome new committee members who are expert in or want to learn more about:
- Recruiting PR professionals to begin the accreditation process
- Guiding and supporting others through the accreditation process
- Planning and promoting training events
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Build skills in planning and executing meetings and events; budgeting; and marketing
- Gain a deeper understanding of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to practice public relations effectively
- Build a large network of seasoned, senior-level PR practitioners
Committee responsibilities require two in-person meetings per year and a monthly conference call. In addition, committee members participate in or host a Jump Start or Readiness Review. In return for their hard work, APR Committee members find fulfillment in mentoring others and assisting them attain a prestigious credential.
How to Join the Committee
Contact one of our committee leaders: