The Communications Committee reaches out to current and potential chapter members, promotes chapter news and events, and builds awareness of the chapter in the Washington, DC area.
What We Do
- Strategize and plan the Chapter’s external communications needs based on monthly events and ongoing activities
- Write newsletters and emails blasts
- Manage the chapter website and blog
- Contribute to the chapter social media channels
- Manage media outreach for chapter events and accomplishments
- Support signature chapter events, including the Thoth Awards
Who We Are Looking For
We welcome new committee members who are expert in or want to learn more about:
- Writing and messaging
- Web sites and social media
- Media outreach
- Organizing and promoting events
Committee responsibilities require varying time commitments. We will match you with tasks that fit the time you have available.