PRSA is committed to ethical practices. The level of public trust PRSA members seek in order to serve the public good, means we must take on a special obligation to operate ethically. To that end, the Ethics and Advocacy Committee participates in board of director meetings and ensures that relevant ethical factors and/or perspectives inherent in the topic of discussion are brought forth and considered. Members provide advice as requested or if it is warranted and recommend strategies and tactics to support the chapter's objectives pertaining to ethics.
What We Do
The value of public relations professionals depends upon the ethical conduct of everyone affiliated with the Public Relations Society of America. Each of us sets an example for each other - as well as other professionals - by our pursuit of excellence with powerful standards of performance, professionalism and ethical conduct. The Ethics and Advocacy Committee looks at issues and concerns in relationship to the PRSA Code of Ethics and advises the board of directors.
Who We Are Looking For
We welcome new committee members who are experts in or want to learn more about:
- Environmental scanning for ethics-related issues in the media that may impact PRSA-NCC, its membership, or the profession at large
- Making recommendations on tactical measures to mitigate negative issues
- Working with the chapter board to take action to respond to negative issues
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Gain greater understanding of the PRSA Code and Member Statement of Professional Values
- Build knowledge of ethics and advocacy
How to Join the Committee
Nicole Duarte, firstname.lastname@example.org