More than at any other time in history, communicators must practice effective global, transcultural communications in order to build quality relationships with their key publics. The National Capital Chapter's (NCC) International Committee connects a dynamic cross-section of strategists and practitioners who work in international public affairs and media relations positions.
What We Do
Our committee offers access to a vibrant network of global communications professionals and serves as the primary resource for PRSA-NCC members interested in learning more about international media relations and public affairs, sharing global best practices, and meeting new contacts. We host events designed to foster a community of practitioners with a shared interest in international communications and to educate members about important global trends and developments. In addition to organizing formal events, we meet regularly to share best practices and expertise in the international public relations arena.
Who We Are Looking For
The International Committee includes experts in international relations, intercultural communications, global strategic planning and more. We welcome all members with an interest in global communications, especially those who want to:
- Develop educational programs that can help communicators excel in today’s increasingly international workplace.
- Plan events for PR professionals to expand their knowledge in areas of international importance.
- Network with other PR professionals with a background or interest in global communications.
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Meet with other professionals who work with international markets and publics.
- Gain knowledge of different regions, countries, and cultures.
- Gather the tools needed to succeed in today’s “global” climate.
- Access quality programs, high-level networking events, and resources.
How to Join the Committee
To learn more about committee events, initiatives and volunteer opportunities, please visit the committee intranet