The New Professionals Committee unites professionals, generally with seven or fewer years of experience in PR and communications, and offers opportunities to collaborate with other new professionals as well as learn from more experienced professionals.
What We Do
This group helps new communications professionals meet, interact and learn from one another through social events and informative panels focused on skills that are critical to those early in their careers. The New Professionals Committee hosts development workshops, networking happy hours and behind-the-scenes seminars with senior PR executives from notable organizations. All events are located at Metro-accessible locations throughout the Washington, D.C. area.
Who We Are Looking For
We welcome new committee members who are:
- Interested in becoming more involved in PRSA-NCC.
- New to the public relations field and looking to expand their network, gain knowledge and grow in the profession.
- Knowledgeable professionals willing to share their experiences and advice.
- Experienced in budgeting for, planning and promoting events or those who would like to learn more about it.
- Creative, with ideas for new networking and professional development events.
Committee responsibilities include
- Four in-person meetings per year and a monthly conference call.
- Plan and organize professional development events.
- Assist in advertising and promoting events.
- Attend events and help with check-in.
- Please note: this committee requires a commitment of less than 20 hours per year.
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Network with other professionals in a fun, relaxed environment.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Build skills in planning, hosting and executing events.
How to Join the Committee
Contact one of our committee leaders: