The Public Affairs and Government Committee represents chapter members who work in all levels of government and branches of the military, as well as those at counseling firms who implement communications plans on behalf of government organizations, and those at corporations and associations who are responsible for reaching various audiences on public policy or public safety issues.
What We Do
Members are uniquely positioned to increase awareness and understanding of the body of work conducted by government and public affairs communicators. The committee advocates the importance of governmental communication, and ethical and professional practice of public affairs. Additionally, the committee fosters professional development and networking opportunities.
Who We Are Looking For
We welcome new committee members who are expert in or want to learn more about:
- Networking with public affairs and government communicators
- Gaining professional development
- Learning about military communications
- Learning about government agencies and public policy issues
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Gain a deeper understanding of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to practice public affairs and public relations in the government sector
- Build skills in planning and executing meetings and events
- Build a large network of seasoned government and military public relations practitioners
How to Join the Committee
Contact committee Chairs: