The Consumer Federation of America (CFA) seeks a dynamic and motivated communications coordinator to support a national campaign promoting personal saving among American households. The campaign is managed by America Saves, a CFA program that works with a wide range of institutions to motivate individuals to build savings, starting with an emergency fund.
We are looking for a public interest-minded and technologically savvy individual who is resourceful, detail-oriented, and an outstanding writer. Must be social media proficient, have some public relations experience. Experience with graphic design or video production is a plus.
The communications coordinator will work closely with the senior communications manager and digital engagement strategist to assist in creating, formatting, and distributing information about America Saves initiatives. This full-time position is located in Washington, DC. Applications from remote candidates will not be considered.
- Supporting day-to-day operations of multiple websites and social media channels; keeping audiences engaged
- Coordinating the editorial calendar with staff, keeping social media content up to date, and ensuring all sites and documents meet established content standards
- Managing America Saves and Military Saves blogs; working with staff and partners to secure guest posts in addition to drafting original content
- Supporting on-going email and text message marketing strategies
- Monitoring and distributing media clips to America Saves staff
- Tracking use of websites, social media, partner resource packets, media, and America Saves Week/Military Saves Week activities; creates tailored analytical and benchmarking reports to share with America Saves team
- 100% employer-paid health care, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance
- Three weeks paid vacation to start and three personal days
- Federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving
- Generous paid sick leave
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution after the first year
Consumer Federation of America is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or related field of study
- Minimum 2-3 years of related professional experience
- Experience with content management systems, email marketing programs, and social media platforms
- Excellent copy editing, grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated, a team player, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products a plus
- Interest or experience with personal finance issues preferred
Washington, DC 20006
Submit cover letter, resume, and relevant links to firstname.lastname@example.org.