Title: Digital/IT Communications Coordinator
Report: Director of Communications/Chief of Staff
Location: Washington D.C. or NYC
Start Date: ASAP
The Digital/IT Coordinator for the National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS) supports the mission of NDSS by managing all online media outlets and resources including, but not limited to, basic IT needs, graphic creation, editing, producing and posting video, audio and text content on websites, blogs, social media sites and online communities. This position will work with, supporting and mentoring individuals with Down syndrome while primarily providing support to NDSS throughout the year with technical and digital media support across the organization, as needed.
- Provides technical and digital media support and expertise to the NDSS staff on multiple online outlets including website, fundraising platforms, blogs, and social media sites.
- Produces digital media content for the purpose of expanding and showcasing NDSS’ online footprint. Media includes videos, audio/podcasts, photos, and infographics, as well as content specifically produced for posting on NDSS’ social channels, YouTube channels, and NDSS’ online discussions.
- Manages the creation and production of videos, including concept/theme development, production planning and execution of all steps resulting in a final product.
- Manages the creation and production of online audio files and podcasts.
- Possesses the skills needed to create content and effectively convey information in a way that informs and persuades audiences.
- Serves as NDSS’ “online media/IT expert,” remaining current with emerging trends, opportunities, and best practices. Regularly updates colleagues and leadership on these trends and makes recommendations for new activities.
- Tracks content creation/social media campaigns and opportunities. Reviews and compiles social media analytics and reports to generate measurable outcomes for online activities.
- Under the direction of the Director of Communication and Chief of Staff, the Digital/IT Coordinator works with additional NDSS staff to develop content ideas based on popular topics and frequently asked questions, including content targeted at specific audiences. May serve as technical consultant to other NDSS departments on projects requiring digital media or IT expertise.
- Performs other duties as assigned based on the needs of the department and organization.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years professional work experience/internships in the technology or communications fields, preferably in digital media/communications role.
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing or the web and in the production of digital communications including filming and editing of video, production of audio and written web content.
- Excellent skills in both PC and Mac environments, including knowledge of and familiarity with common office software.
- Experience with Adobe suite is preferred
- Experience with Classy fundraising software and WordPress preferred.
- Capable of building and maintaining relationships with individuals and organizations.
- Top-notch communicator, with excellent writing, editing, and oral communications skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of best practices for designing effective, engaging and persuasive content for online media.
- Some nights and weekends required.
- Some travel is required.
NDSS Benefits: NDSS currently offers full competitive employee benefits including medical and dental insurance, LTD, STD, Group Life insurance, 403(b) plan with matching, unlimited vacation and paid holidays.
Offices located in both Washington D.C., and New York City.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should submit their resume with a cover letter and writing sample to NDSS Chief of Staff, Keisha Landry via email at email@example.com.