The National Capital Chapter's (NCC) Diversity/Multicultural Committee is dedicated to promoting and preserving ethnic and cultural diversity within the Public Relations Society of America and the practice of public relations, itself. Members of the committee work to help develop industry knowledge, relevant skills and professional contacts for minority candidates interested in or working in public relations.
What We Do
Our work fosters the philosophy of inclusion and advances the notion that the communications field is infinitely stronger and more effective when it reflects the broad diversity inherent in American life. We are a multicultural society; we must become a multicultural profession and a multicultural professional association.
Who We Are Looking For
We welcome new committee members who want to:
- Educate the community about the importance of diversity
- Organize education events for DC-area professionals
- Make PRSA more inclusive and welcoming
- Reach out to industry professionals of diverse racial backgrounds, ethnicities and sexual orientations
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Help to educate the Washington, D.C. area community about diversity and multicultural issues.
- Promote the ethical practice of public relations.
- Gain knowledge about diversity and multicultural issues in the community.
How to Join the Committee
Contact the committee leaders:
Susan Hess - firstname.lastname@example.org or
Sultana Ali, APR - email@example.com