Online registration is now closed for this event. Space will be available at hte door.
8:00am-8:30am - Networking, registration, continental breakfast
8:30am-10:00am - Program and Q&A
$35 PRSA & WWPR Members
$10 more at the door
701 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20004
Metro: Navy Memorial/Archives
Breaking stories like the Ebola outbreak, or annual milestones like the State of the Union offer communicators unbeatable earned media opportunities.
But how do the pros do it? And how can you quickly seize opportunities tied to big news stories to gain attention and awareness for your organization and its goals?
You will learn how to:
- Anticipate big news and insert your organization in the news cycle
- Win internal buy-in for jumping on unexpected big stories
- Break through the clutter when big news stories hit (or like the State of the Union) are planned, but with little detail in advance
- Utilize social media before, during and after big news to create awareness, and gain followers
- Show results and promote your efforts to internal and external stakeholders
Nancy White, Director, AAA Public Relations
Liz Garman, VP of Communications, Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology
Linda Rozett, VP for Communications, American Petroleum Institute
Moderator: Tracy Cooley, APR, Senior Director of Communications, Biotechnology Industry Organization