WASHINGTON, DC (January 25, 2016) — The Independent Public Relations Alliance (IPRA), a section of the Public Relations Society of America's National Capital Chapter (PRSA-NCC), today announced its new board of directors for 2016. IPRA represents independent practitioners in public relations, communications and marketing working in the Washington, DC area. The new leaders include:
- Chair – Samantha Villegas, APR, SaVi PR, LLC
- Immediate Past Chair – Jay Morris, Jay Morris Communications LLC
- Program Committee Co-Chairs – Shawn Flaherty, Creative Strategies Public Relations, and Rita Mhley, Mhley/Davis & Associates Inc. Committee members: Robb Deigh, RDC Public Relations LLC; Jay Morris, Jay Morris Communications; and Robert Udowitz, RFP Associates
- Marketing Committee Co-Chairs – Sabrina McGowan, SQM Communications LLC, and Jennifer Meyer, J.C. Meyer Communications. Committee member: Ami Neiberger-Miller, APR, Steppingstone LLC
- Membership Committee Chair – TBD. Committee members: Jay Morris, Jay Morris Communications LLC, and Sandra Remey, Remey Communications
- Buying Collective Committee Chair – Helen Sullivan, APR, Fellow PRSA, InHouse Communications LLC
- Website Committee Chair – Jill Kurtz, APR, Jill A. Kurtz Consulting
- Treasurer – Robert Udowitz, RFP Associates LLC
- Secretary – Christie Phillips, APR, BlueTree Communications LLC
“Being an independent freelance PR professional has been a gift to me, personally, and IPRA has played a huge role in my success. IPRA helps independents like me stay connected with colleagues and stay sharp. With affordable monthly luncheons on the Silver Line in Tysons Corner, a low membership fee, and networking with some of the greatest minds in PR in Washington DC, IPRA has been a real value. I am truly honored to serve in the role of chair this year, and I look forward to helping other independents in our area enhance their success,” said Samantha Villegas, APR, President, SaVi PR, LLC.
IPRA members enjoy several benefits including discounts to monthly networking and professional development events at Ruth’s Chris in Tysons Corner, alliances with other IPRA members to create project teaming groups, profiles on IPRA’s website to allow potential clients to find you, access to IPRA’s listserv to exchange information and give or seek advice, and a buying co-op to purchase services that position you more competitively.
The Independent Public Relations Alliance (IPRA) represents Washington-area independent practitioners in public relations, communications and marketing. IPRA members offer cost-effective, value-added services to corporations, government agencies, nonprofit organizations and PR/ advertising agencies. Our members work as individual consultants and as teams locally and nationally, providing media relations, strategic communications, social media, graphic design, research and issues management services. For more information, visit www.ipralliance.com.