RMK Productions, a fast-growing, woman-owned events and association management firm seeks a recent graduate or person returning to the work force to join its client services team in Falls Church, VA.
This entry-level position offers the right candidate the opportunity to grow by learning all aspects of the business including event production, client management, marketing, association operations and a broad range of technology tools used by small associations and businesses from a team of experienced professionals.
Learn more about us at www.rmkproductions.com.
The Marketing and Event Assistant supports all aspects of RMK Productions client services including event production preparation and on-site support, database management, customer service, website management, email/social media marketing, association management services and general office support. The position will be in our Falls Church, VA office.
- Telecommuting one day per week, client needs permitting, are granted to team members after completion of a 90-day probationary period.
- Free parking
- Paid time off
- Long-term career growth opportunities
- Maintain technology platforms for association clients including: email marketing lists, websites, membership databases, event records, etc.
- Pre-event production including: materials production and preparation, materials delivery, set-up and post event close out
- On-site events management including: managing registration, site setup/breakdown and customer service issue resolution
- Customer service for our association clients including: assisting with event registration changes, membership record issues, general inquiries, board and committee chair support, etc.
- General office duties
- Manage and assist with special projects or assignments as required
- Candidates must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Driver’s license required
- Local travel required
Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as needed to staff events
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in marketing, mass communications, business or liberal arts
- High degree of comfort with technology and tech applications including experience with email marketing programs (ie Constant Contact), common web platforms (ie WordPress), Microsoft Office, Google apps, etc.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a professional office environment
- Strong writing/proofing skills
- Strong personal and project organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work well in a matrixed leadership environment
- Friendly, professional demeanor
- Desire to work hard and play hard
- Volunteer or paid event production experience
- Organizational volunteer experience
Falls Church, VA
Please send your resume with cover letter to: email@example.com.
EEO. Veterans encouraged to apply.