Each year, the chapter has honored one or two stand-out volunteers for their contributions to the organization.
This year we will honor up to five members who demonstrate a strong commitment to this organization and by extension, the profession, through their relentless and results-driven effort, ideas and follow-through.
The five categories for winners are as follows:
- New Professional (less than 10 years’ PR experience)
- Senior Professional (more than 25 years’ PR experience)
- Diamond – the chapter MVP for this year, 2017
- Platinum – the chapter MVP, year after year.
- Darkhorse – the new person, someone we didn’t expect or didn’t know very well before 2017, who appeared on the scene this year and demonstrated amazing service
To nominate someone is easy! Just go to our online form and follow the instructions to enter your nomination. The current president is not eligible to receive an award.
An evaluation committee composed of the whole of the Executive Committee will evaluate all nominations and select winners by simple majority. If anyone on the Executive Committee is nominated, they will recuse from vote/discussion pertaining to themselves.
Winners will be announced and awards conferred at the Chapter’s annual kickoff event , scheduled for the evening of January 18 at the City Club. All nominees will be notified that they have been nominated prior to the event so they can plan to attend in case they win.