Online registration is now closed for this event. Please plan to register onsite if you want to attend.
702 8th Street, NW
Metro: Gallery Place/Chinatown (red, green, yellow lines)
Parking garages near the Gallery on 8th Street.
What are the current public relations issues for association, nonprofit and foundation practitioners?
This program features roundtable discussions led by experts discussing topics and issues of the day facing nonprofit and association PR professionals. The attendees will be able to choose to participate in four roundtable discussion out of the 11 roundtable topics listed below and will have an opportunity to share best practices and ask questions in a more intimate environment. The featured topics and discussion leaders are:
- The Intersection between Branding and PR: Making your Association Memorable – Brigitte Johnson, APR, Communications Manager, Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
- Positioning Your Association as the "Go To" Resource – Francie Israeli, Senior Vice President, KellenAdams and Parker Wishik, Senior Account Executive, KellenAdams
- Creating Infographics that Convey Key Messages on One Page – Aaron Ellis, APR, Public Affairs Director, AAPA and Mary Beth Long, Senior Communications and Marketing Specialist, AAPA
- Crisis Communications – Sheri Singer, President, Singer Communications and Sabrina Kidwai, APR, Senior Manager Public Relations, ASAE
- Search Engine Optimization – Devon Hopkins, Director of Client Solutions, Social Driver
- Embracing Mobile Technology: Connecting Effectively with Members – Greg Bosque, Partner & Strategy Director, Saforian Interactive
- Keeping Out of Litigation: Legal Issues of Social Media – Bret Cohen, Esq., Privacy and Information Management Practice, Hogan Lovells
- To Censor or Not to Censor: Strategies for Handling Negative Comments on Social Media – Alex Stevens, Social Media Strategist, Zippy Shell USA LLC and President, Social Media Club DC
- Online Video Strategy – Lloyd Brown, Director of Communications, AASHTO and Tom Madden, Producer, Visual Impact Productions LLC
- Nonprofits and Partnerships – Debbi Jarvis, Vice President, Corporate Citizenship and Social Responsibility, PEPCO Holdings, Inc.
- The Five Things You Must Know when Revamping Your Association’s Website – Adam Hostetter, Website Design & Development Manager, American Technology Services