May 2nd from 9am – 5pm
May 3rd from 9am – 3pm
Take a deep dive into the key aspects of the public relations profession. Whether you are a journalist, new graduate, transitioning from another field, new in your position or wanting to learn more about public relations, this overview with Robin Schell, APR, Fellow PRSA, will provide you with the knowledge you need. Gain a clear understanding of public relations and communications concepts and techniques through lectures, case study presentations, discussions and group exercises. Examine the theory and practice of major issues presently facing the public relations profession and participate in hands-on teamwork as you create your own public relations plan based on a case study.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to transition into the public relations profession.
- Define the challenges and opportunities of the public relations profession.
- Design a 10-step public relations program including setting goals and tactical execution.
- Explain how to measure public relations effectiveness.
- Describe how to create effective external/internal communications.
- Demonstrate understanding how to handle crisis communications.
- Understand ethics guidelines.
- Define research methodologies.
- Understand how to create and present a public relations plan.
PRSA Members $845
PRSA is offering $50 off the registration fee to any PRSA-NCC member - use the promotional code PDCHAPTER19 at checkout.