At BCF, we seek those who want to be greater than who they are today. We want someone who sees the world differently – someone who can make the impossible … possible. The ideal candidate finds inspiration every day and is obsessed with weaving stories in new and innovative ways. We are looking for someone who is positive, entrepreneurial, and scrappy with a strong work ethic. You must be hungry to deliver exceptional work, as well as a good person who works beautifully with others. Most importantly, you live up to the agency’s core values: optimism, collaboration, bravery and honesty.
This role will work alongside the Creative team to bring stories to life for our clients. The Sr. PR AE is highly conceptual, agile and passionate about their career choice. We seek to find someone who is curious about evolving cultures, the digital landscape, and the world around them. Balancing strategy and craft, the ideal candidate will excel at using wickedly sharp insights into the brand to deliver PR campaigns that utilize the full range of communication platforms. The agency’s creative work is rooted in strategy, data and analytics across all disciplines. We strive to deliver innovative campaigns that inspire awe.
Our team has deep experience in and passion for the travel/tourism, lifestyle, and health and wellness industries. We are proud to work with destinations, nonprofits, and corporations whose brands help consumers achieve a life well lived.
- Collaborate with team members to create and drive communications campaigns
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact and manage individual and team work streams on campaign executions
- Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject clients into current news cycles; drive story idea development, and work closely with media to shape and control communications that align with overall client objectives
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials, including pitch letters, background materials, recommendation and planning documents, and executive communications
- Act as a strategic counselor to account leads and clients; expertise in travel/tourism and consumer brands preferred
- Concept and develop original and unique PR concepts with engaging insights and strong strategic thinking
- Develop content across traditional, digital, experiential, and social platforms
- The successful candidate must be results-oriented, have a solid track record of effective client management, media relations, strong writing, strong organization and acute attention to detail. Experience executing national and regional communications programs is a plus.
- Minimum of 4-7 years of agency experience in developing and implementing communications programs, with an emphasis on communications and public relations work for travel/tourism and consumer brands preferred
- Passionate about cultural evolution – you keep up with what’s going on, and explore creative passions outside of the office
- Experience managing all aspects of PR campaigns, including strategy, messaging, materials creation, media relations, and digital development to drive programs to conclusion
- Advanced knowledge of top-tier travel/tourism, lifestyle and business media, and well-developed skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Candidate should have the ability to engage off- and online audiences, and tell complex stories in an easily digestible way.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, effectively executing public relations plans; as well as drafting and implementing strategic communications programs within budget.
- Superior writing skills, with an engaging writing style that can adapt to a variety of formats and brand voices; the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such communications plans, position papers, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence, and presentations.
- Ability to engage with and counsel internal contacts across the client’s business, and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- The ability to develop and generate support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels, including digital, traditional, direct-to-consumer, experiential, activations and special events
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational abilities, including time and resource management
- Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in journalism, public relations/advertising or communications
Virginia Beach, VA
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
BCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.