SOCIAL STRATEGY AND WEB PUBLISHING MANAGER
Trust for America’s Health (TFAH), a leading public health policy, research, and advocacy organization seeks a Social Strategy and Web Publishing Manager. The Social Strategy and Web Publishing Manager will work with the Director of Strategic Communications and Policy Research to plan, execute, monitor, measure and continually improve TFAH’s use of social media and its website to advance the organization’s mission.
TFAH reports on and amplifies data, policies and programs that support optimal health for all Americans. TFAH’s reports on prevention and public health issues are relied upon resources for policymakers at the federal, state and local level. TFAH’s website, social content and media relations outreach are central to the organization’s mission and position TFAH as a public health thought leader.
The Social Strategy and Web Publishing Manager will create and execute weekly and special event social content calendars and marketing plans via both organic and paid media reach. This position will monitor TFAH’s social media feeds (primarily Twitter) and collect site analytics to measure campaign impact and create reports. In addition, the incumbent will be the content manager for TFAH’s state of the art website. The position will also perform the following: work with TFAH colleagues to understand and meet their web publishing needs; use search engine optimization (SEO) principles to increase traffic and findability on the website, and collect and study site analytics to improve user experience and site performance.
TFAH is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that promotes optimal health for every person and community and makes the prevention of illness and injury a national priority. Some focus areas at TFAH include obesity, public health funding, public health preparedness, substance misuse and suicide, health equity, and population health. Examples of TFAH reports and related materials are available at: http://www.tfah.org.
1. Work with Director of Strategic Communications and Policy Research to create content management and publishing plans to position TFAH website as the go-to resource for public health policy information and data on the internet; emphasizing state level data and evidence-based programs and policy recommendations.
2. Function as liaison with TFAH departments and teams to understand their web publishing goals and strategize to best meet those goals with available resources.
3. Serve as the TFAH website content manager and editor. Manage weekly publishing schedules and make site content updates.
4. Create web content particularly headlines, feature teasers, and house ad text.
5. Coordinate TFAH blog schedule, publish posts, monitor comments.
6. Review submitted web content for appropriateness for web publishing and tag all new content for SEO.
7. Use SEO techniques to grow site traffic.
8. Work with Director of Strategic Communications and Policy Research and contractors on site architecture and design improvements as needed.
9. Collect and study site analytics to determine traffic patterns, most-used search terms, content gaps and site drop-off points. Prepare reports and recommend actions based on the above data.
Social Media Strategy
1. Work with Director of Strategic Communications and Policy Research to create overall and weekly publishing plans and goals. Write, clear and publish content posts (text and graphics).
2. Create social marketing plans to support TFAH report releases, advocacy issues, policy initiatives, and other special projects, including strategies and messages to reach broad audiences such as policymakers, partner organizations, thought leaders, media, and the public. Ensure social marketing plans are inclusive of diverse audiences, including minority media and communities. Make use of both organic and paid social media reach strategies.
3. Collect metrics on program impact. Create reports and make recommendations based on impact data.
4. Monitor social feeds (TFAH and others) for issues and comments relevant to the organization or needing a response.
Other duties and tasks as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, digital media, or related field.
2. 4-6 years prior experience in a similar role in a public affairs, digital media or communications environment. Agency or non-profit advocacy organization experience is a plus.
3. Excellent communications skills (interpersonal, verbal, and writing and editing skills), including the ability to synthesize detailed information into short headlines and text blurbs for digital media.
4. Excellent organizational skills, the ability to think logically, and pay close attention to details.
5. Ability to work both independently and with a team with confidence and reliability.
6. Experience working as an integral member of a team, sharing responsibility, project management, and associated tasks toward the accomplishment of identified goals.
7. Project management experience including the ability to break a complex project down into manageable parts and coordinate the implementation of the project plan. Ability to manage multiple projects, timelines, and deadlines at once.
8. Ability to work well under time constraints, willingness to take initiative and assume responsibility where and when needed, flexibility to change approach as deemed appropriate.
9. Experienced in the use of content management systems and SEO techniques.
10. Experienced with social media platform content strategies, including organic and paid media reach strategies.
11. Proficient in PowerPoint, broadcast email platforms, news release distribution/media list management platforms, and media monitoring platforms.
12. Experience using Google and other analytic tools to measure traffic, reach and impact of website and social channels. Ability to recommend strategies to improve these measures.
1. Experience with minority media and audience outreach and bilingual skills are a plus.
This position reports to the Director of Strategic Communications and Policy Research. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply: Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please, no calls or faxes.