1030 15th Street, NW, Suite 600E
Washington, DC 20005
Media pitching coach Michael Smart’s returns by popular demand to the NCC. His most-requested workshop offers hundreds of intensely practical tips that will immediately boost your media and blog coverage. People Michael has trained have scored coverage on the front page of the New York Times, in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and on CNN and NBC’s Today.
- How to take advantage of the upheaval in the media industry
- Eight “story boosters” that turn ordinary news into stories journalists and bloggers crave
- The anatomy of a perfect phone and email pitch
- Foolproof ways to determine the correct journalists and bloggers to approach
- What do say or write to grab their attention every time
- How pitching bloggers is similar to – and different from – pitching other media
- The secret test journalists subconsciously apply to every pitch that has nothing to do with newsworthiness
- Four proven formulas for winning email pitch subject lines
- A specific pattern for knowing exactly when to follow up with your media contacts-- and when not to
- What most annoys journalist and bloggers, and how to avoid it!
Michael Smart, principal of MichaelSMARTPR, has been landing top-tier coverage for 14 years. He’s also trained more than 3,000 communicators across the globe how to boost their media and blog placements, including pros from Allstate, Disney, Verizon, Edelman, Fleishman-Hilliard, the EPA, a U.S. Senator’s office and many other companies, associations, and non-profits, large and small. Michael has twice been a top-rated presenter at the PRSA International Conference, and he partners with PRSA to offer daylong pitching workshops and national webinars on the topic.
Register early. Seating is limited and this seminar will sell out!