SUMMER 2019 INTERNSHIP
Addis Communications, an award-winning, woman-owned, boutique PR agency, is seeking an intern for course credit to work between 10-15 hours per week. This is a virtual internship with bi-monthly in-person meetings. This is an excellent opportunity to work directly with agency President & CEO, a UMD alum. Intern will gain practical and valuable real-world experience in the strategies and tactics of public relations as well as an understanding of the business side of communications. Intern also will have the opportunity to attend professional development events at PRSA-NCC and the National Press Club. Upon successful completion, intern will have high-quality, marketable writing samples and skills to include in professional portfolio.
• Write blogs for Addis Communications
• Write weekly news digests
• Edit and proofread client materials
• Develop plan to increase social media followers and engage with influencers
• Create monthly content calendar
• Write social media posts
• Design accompanying visuals using Canva
• Ensure blog posts are optimized for social media
• Review social media analytics (Facebook, Twitter, website); provide recommendations based on findings
• Conduct industry research
• Conduct client research
ABOUT ADDIS COMMUNICATIONS
Addis Communications is a full-service PR agency specializing in serving national health and science clients and employs a virtual team of seasoned practitioners. The agency was officially launched in the summer of 2018 by PR veteran Karen Addis, APR, who has more than 25 years of communications experience. For more information, visit addispr.com, @addispr, facebook.com/addispr.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in communications; juniors and seniors preferred
- Strong writer and editor
- A basic understanding of social media for business, including ability to interpret analytics
- Some design experience preferred
This is a virtual internship, with bi-weekly in-person meetings
Email cover letter, resume, and three writing samples explaining why you’re the ideal candidate to: Karen Addis, APR, President & CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org.