What Are the Thoth Awards?
Named for the Egyptian god of communication, the Thoth (pronounced “tot”) Awards recognize the outstanding strategic public relations programs and components developed and produced in the Greater Washington, D.C. area. Achievements are recognized in 42 categories, including:
- 16 program categories that celebrate the best PR campaigns
- 18 component categories that highlight top accomplishments in PR tactics
- The prestigious Institute for Public Relations Research, Measurement and Evaluation Award (Entries in this category will be judged by the Institute for Public Relations)
- And new this year, PR Agency & Communication Team Awards
The Public Relations Society of America’s National Capital Chapter (PRSA-NCC) sponsors the local annual Thoth competition to recognize and reward outstanding achievement in public relations and to encourage continued excellence in the field.
Thoth Call for Entries Now Open
EARLY BIRD FEES: Must be received by Friday, June 22, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- PRSA-NCC Members: $140 for component entries; $160 for Program, IPR Award, and PR Agency and Communications Teams Award entries
- Non-NCC Members: $190 for Component entries; $210 for Program, IPR Award, and PR Agency and Communications Teams Award entries
STANDARD FEES: Must be received by Monday, July 23, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- PRSA-NCC Members: $180 for component entries; $200 for Program, IPR Award, and PR Agency and Communication Team Award entries
- Non-NCC Members: $230 for component entries; $250 for Program, IPR Award, and PR Agency and Communication Team Award entries
Here's How to Get Started
Step 1: Before entering, be sure to review the PDF of the 2018 Thoth Awards Call for Entries
Step 2: To enter, just go to the online entry portal and create an account if you don't already have one. All entries must be submitted online.
Need Some Help?
- View previous entries of past winners, using the links on the left side of this page.
- You can download the podcast, "How to Create an Award-Winning Thoth Application and Showcase Your Success". An expert panel will guide you through the submission process and equip you with insider tips that will make your submission shine.
Save the Date for the 50th Annual Awards Gala
October 18, 2018
Winners will be recognized at the Thoth Gala and Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony from 6:00-9:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 18, 2018 at the National Press Club.