What Are the Thoth Awards?
Named for the Egyptian god of communication, the Thoth (pronounced “tot”) Awards recognize the outstanding strategic public relations programs and components developed and produced in the Greater Washington, D.C. area. Achievements are recognized in 30 categories, including:
- 14 Program categories that celebrate the best PR campaigns
- 9 Component categories that highlight top accomplishments in PR tactics
- The prestigious Institute of Public Relations Research, Measurement and Evaluation Award (Entries in this category are judged by the Institute for Public Relations)
- We also have 7 Agency & Communication Team Awards
The Public Relations Society of America’s National Capital Chapter (PRSA-NCC) sponsors the annual Thoth competition to recognize and reward outstanding achievement in public relations and to encourage continued excellence in the field
Here's How to Get Started
To enter, go to the online entry portal and create an account if you don't already have one.
All entries must be submitted digitally through our online award management software program. Hard copy entries are no longer accepted.
First time Entering? You may be eligible for a discount. Contact Sabrina Kidwai at email@example.com to learn more.
Need Some Help?
- View previous entries of past winners, using the links on the left side of this page.
- You can download the podcast, "How to Create an Award-Winning Thoth Application and Showcase Your Success". An expert panel will guide you through the submission process and equip you with insider tips that will make your submission shine.
Awards are given for the best PR campaigns and top accomplishments in PR tactics. Award Categories Include:
- Community Relations
- Crisis Communications
- Events and Observances (seven or fewer days)
- Events and Observances (more than seven days)
- External Video
- Global Communications
- Independent Public Relations Practitioners and Small Independent Firms' Media Relations Programs and/or Campaigns
- Integrated Communications
- Integrated Media Relations: Campaigns on Budget Less than $25,000
- Integrated Media Relations: Campaigns on Budget of $25,000 and up
- Internal Communications
- Internal Video
- Large PR Agency of the Year
- Media Relations - Business
- Media Relations - Government
- Media Relations - Non-Profit/Association
- Multicultural Public Relations
- New PR Agency of the Year
- Pro Bono Public Relations
- Public Affairs
- Public Service
- Public Service Announcements
- Publications: Print
- Reputation/Brand Management
- Social Media
Congratulations to all of the 2018 Thoth Winners.
Eddy Alexander and the Roanoke Valley Broadband Authority received the Thoth Best in Show award for their David vs. Goliath and Friends of Municipal Broadband campaign. The Roanoke Valley Broadband Authority, a local government-run internet provider, was blindsided by proposed legislation that would eliminate its ability to operate in Virginia. They had recently launched a $4M network and had not recouped the taxpayer investment. They had no funding set aside for public relations and government affairs. The campaign used creative issues management techniques to defeat the proposed legislation.